Verrutop is a topical solution based on Nitrizinc Complex® for treating skin, palmoplantar and periungual warts and condylomata.
When Verrutop® is applied to a wart, a chemical reaction takes place, which causes mummification of the tissue (dehydration and cellular destruction) and the wart changes colour (white/grey/yellowish). Over time, mummification leads to the spontaneous detachment of a wart.
- Before using Verrutop®, carefully read the instructions for use.
- A diagnosis must be made by a doctor/ health professional.
- Use a new capillary tube in each application to avoid possible contamination of the product.
- Improper use of the product could cause severe adverse effects.
- In case of accidental contact with healthy skin or mucous membranes, rinse with plenty of water.
- Avoid contact with the eyes; in case of accidental contact flush with plenty of water. Because it is a corrosive agent, seek the advice of an eye specialist.
- In the event of an adverse reaction or hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients, stop treatment and seek the advice of a health professional.
- The product must always be applied by an adult.
- Do not ingest. Do not inject.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
DO NOT USE:
- On healthy skin, on the face, on inflamed skin or mucous membranes, on malignant cutaneous tumours, on flat warts, on ephelides (freckles) or on keloids (intense scarring reaction).
- On children under the age of 6 years.
- On women who are pregnant or breast feeding.
- On patients with arteriopathy and/or peripheral neuropathies, such as diabetics.
- In case of a concomitant cutaneous pathology, a doctor will decide on the risk/benefit of treatment.
- In concomitant treatment with other topical wart removers.
HOW SHOULD IT BE STORED?
- It should be stored at ambient temperature. Crystallisation may be seen at below 8°C, which does not mean degradation of the product. In this case, wait for the product to return to ambient temperature before using it.
- Once an ampoule has been opened, Verrutop® must be used within the following 24 hours.
- After use, the remainder of an ampoule must be emptied under a faucet with running water before being deposited in the appropriate container, together with the capillary tubes.
- Take unused ampoules in their original packaging to a recycling point at a pharmacy. In case of doubt, ask your pharmacist. This is how you can help protect the environment.
USE UNDER MEDICAL SUPERVISION– CLASS IIA HEALTHCARE PRODUCT